- 'Enjoy' single on Nurvous Records with remix by Oliver (Feb. 12)
- Alan Braxe - One More Chance (Gigamesh Remix)
- Ghost Beach - Miracle (Gigamesh Remix)
- Festival appearances including Snowball in Colorado
- Tour Dates across North America and Europe
Gigamesh is the stage name of Matt Masurka, an American multi-platinum selling music producer and DJ. His numerous remixes and two EPs have earned him a swiftly building reputation as one of the most versatile and consistent names in indie-dance music.
Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, it’s no surprise Gigamesh has developed a keen taste for funk, disco and pop. The sound is immediately recognizable in much of his music, however he maintains a flexible aesthetic. Gigamesh is an ardent fan of minimalist concert music, film scores, classic rock, italo disco, French house, Miami bass, and genre-bending electronic music. These elements have all combined to forge his all-inclusive approach to music appreciation and creation.
Gigamesh first gained exposure on music blogs for bootleg reworks of pop hits from Michael Jackson, New Order, The Clash, Stardust and dozens more. He went on to produce a #6 Billboard Single (also iTunes 2010 Pop Single Of The Year) and very well-received remixes for Foster The People, Two Door Cinema Club, Katy B, Theophilus London, Citizens, Grouplove and more. Now a multi-platinum selling producer and frequent member of The Hype Machine's popular chart #1 spot, Gigamesh has firmly established himself as a respected trendsetter in modern dance music.
In October 2011, Gigamesh released his debut self-titled EP on Our Label International, which received wide acclaim in the disco and indie-dance community. Following his debut, Gigamesh began to develop a close relationship with French record label Kitsuné resulting in an invitation to perform on their highly-anticipated U.S. Club Night tour and the release of the “All My Life” EP by Kitsuné in May of 2012. In support of this EP Gigamesh has been touring the globe, including Asia, Australia, North America, and UK/Europe.
Gigamesh continues to gain recognition as one of the top producers of modern dance music going in to 2013. With no time to waste, Gigamesh is starting off the year by releasing a new single, 'Enjoy.' 'Enjoy' features a remix by Oliver and will be out on NYC's fresh house label - Nurvous Records (Feb. 12th).
UK / Europe:
Alberto Mombelli - Elastic Artists
Priya Dewan - Villans
- Three Time Multi platinum selling producer
- Recent international touring throughout Asia, Australia North America, and UK/Europe.
- High charting on Hype Machine for Gigamesh's recent remixes of Two Door Cinema Club, Moullinex, Grouplove (160,000+ plays on Soundcloud), Lady Hawke and Fleetwood Mac's 'Dreams' (150,000+ plays).
- Exclusive mixes/interview on Triple J's Lunch and Mix Up (AUS)
- Extensive press/blog features including URB, RCRD LBL, AOL.com, Death and Taxes, Gotta Dance Dirty, & mp3.com
- Latest EP, All My Life, released on Kitsuné with heavy charting on Beatport.
- "Your Body" Hit #1 on We Are Hunted's Emerging Artists Chart
- Single and remixes on Beatport "Indie Dance" charts
- Remix of Foster The People's "Pumped Up Kicks" at over 240k plays on Soundcloud and over 5 million views on youtube
- Major club DJ support worldwide
GIGAMESH - ENJOY
February 12th, 2013 - Nurvous Records
2. Enjoy (Oliver Remix)
"A work of uplifting electronic gold...the platinum selling producer shows with this release once again that he doesn't set limits for himself musically." - Earmilk
"Do yourself a favor and enjoy a rhythmic and funky blast from the past with a new stunning EP from Gigamesh" - Less Than 3
"Gigamesh has a love affair with the grooving sounds of the past. With every track he unveils, however, he gives light to the future of nu-disco...'Enjoy' proves Gigamesh's ability, yet again, to give listeners a fresh take on disco, leaving his glimmering beat dancing in our heads." - Dancing Astronaut
GIGAMESH - ALL MY LIFE EP
May 28th, 2012 - Kitsuné
1. All My Life
2. Don’t Stop
3. Your Body
4. Dream On
GIGAMESH - GIGAMESH EP
October 18th, 2011 - OurLabel Intl.
1. When You're Dancing (feat. Induce)
2. Red Light (feat. Amanda Love)
3. It's So Intense
4. People (feat. Nicole Godiva)
"One of today’s most-influential dance-floor tastemakers" - URB
"The 'All My Life' EP and is easily going to be one of the best collections of electronic jams blasting from speakers this summer." - Death + Taxes
“Gigamesh, aka producer Matt Masurka, put the Twin Cities on the dance map.” - Spinner
"If you’re not dancing, something’s wrong" - Pop Matters
"You won't ask for these five minutes back, because Gigamesh doles out super sexy and saucy electro pop." - Artist Direct
"Gigamesh has some of the most beautiful indie rock remixes out there." - Indie Shuffle
"One of the absolute best remixers in the game for several years running now..." - Lights and Music
"A four-on-the-floor remake with some hip swirling beats that'll get you nice and warm as the winter chill starts to hit you up. It'll have you dreaming of disco lights and that sensual touch the moment the first beat drops." - Prefix Mag
"dashboard glow anthem, this fluttering disco butterfly, this ceiling-smashing wave of wheedling funk pop that rises and falls as if hyperventilating before it collapses onto a bed of synthesized strings." -RCRD LBL